For official rules refer to Shamrock website (league standings link).
Rules Of OperationLast Updated: July 20, 2015
- Registration fees shall be determined on a yearly basis, established after the year-end financial statement and thus set at a per team amount to cover anticipated expenses for the up coming season. All team entries are to be submitted by September 15 of the current season. Only teams registered with the OMHA are eligible for membership in the Shamrock League.
- Game lengths are per OMHA regulation 10.2, table 10.2b; which are for Novice and Atom see section B - 10,10,15; for Peewee and Bantam see section C -10,15,15; and for Midget and Juvenile see section D - 15,15,15. There is to be no flood in any curfewed game and refer to OMHA regulation 10.3 in relation to curfews. For curfews; the game sheet must be initialed by both coaches prior to the start of the game.
- The suggested starting times for games are as follows: Novice and Atom prior to 7:45 pm; Peewee and Bantam prior to 8:45 pm; and Midget and Juvenile prior to 9:30 pm. No game can be scheduled to start after 9:30 pm on any day or before 6:15 pm on a weeknight unless agreed to by both Centres.
- Admission price for all Shamrock League and League playoff games is: Adults $4.00; Students and Seniors $2.00; Children under 14 Free.
- The home team must supply referees, game sheets, an official scorer, and a competent timekeeper. The visiting team has the right to put someone in the timer's box before the game begins.
- The coaches should ensure the game sheet is fully completed. The home team coach shall be responsible for all additional information pertaining to the game sheet (e.g. game number, date, curfew, etc.)
- Referees for all games must be carded as per OMHA rules for the respective age divisions. Bantam and Midget must use a three-man system.
- All game changes, scores and cancellations shall be completed using The OneDB data base and follow the policies set out by the SHL. Any game cancellation other than for weather or unforeseen circumstances must be completed at least 7 days prior to the scheduled date and a rescheduled date must be set and agreed upon within 14 days. Games cancelled due to weather or arena breakdown require reasonable notice. Contact persons are responsible for all cancellations and rescheduling.
- All players and officials must be on a roster, which has been submitted to the OMHA for approval prior to the first league game.
- A team entering a protest must do so in writing by electronic mail, facsimile, courier or personal to the League President with copies going to the appropriate contact person. The document must be received within 48 hours of the start of the game. Teams wishing to file a defense must do so within 36 hours after being notified of the protest by the President. The executive committee will rule on the protest. Any financial awards are due within fourteen (14) days or funds will be taken from the bond account. The Centre must reimburse the bond account by the end of the current season or face suspension. See the SHL policies for more details and fees.
- The contact person is to ensure that game sheets are forwarded promptly.
- All game sheets (white copy) to OMHA Convener (designated at the beginning of each season)
- All Additional Entry (Atom to Midget) game sheets (white copy) to OMHA Convener (designated at the beginning of each season)
- All Juvenile game sheets (white copy) forwarded as determined by League (notification before start of season)
- All Green copy of game sheets to Statistician
- All game sheets from each calendar week, Monday to Sunday, are to be mailed and postmarked no later than the Wednesday of the following week. A fine will apply for each sheet not forwarded on time. Game sheets (white copy only) sent directly to OMHA Executive Member by the referee (i.e. match penalties) will not be covered by this rule.
- All game changes or cancellations shall be completed between the two Shamrock Centre Reps prior to inputting that information into TheOneDB data base.
- All league games must be played. Any league game not played by one week after the schedule has been completed will result in a fine. The League Executive will mediate any rescheduling difficulties where applicable.
- All league playoff series and classifications will be set in February of the current season. Any team not wishing to compete in league playoffs must inform the league secretary by this date. Failure to meet playoff commitments will result in discipline by the league. Playoffs will follow the same rules as OMHA play downs. All series require a contract to be signed prior to the start of the first game and all game sheets are to be sent to the appropriate playoff statistician promptly.
- The Shamrock Hockey League defines "Playdowns" as OMHA games for provincial championships and "Playoffs" as Shamrock Hockey League games for League championships. For SHL teams participating in Playdowns or Playoffs against teams that are members of the SHL - Home ice advantage will be determined by the League Standings as of 10:00pm on December 31 of the current Season. The Playdowns standings will be used for teams of like classification, based on winning percentage with the higher percentage team having home ice advantage. This will be for seeding purposes for preliminary rounds and beyond if required. The OMHA REM for the area will determine the final seeding for OMHA preliminary rounds and this ranking will be used throughtout the Playdowns in further OMHA rounds if the participants are both SHL member teams. For Playoffs the standings will be used for all teams in an age category to determine order of finish regardless of Regular season divisions. During all head to head series the team with the most points will always have home ice advantage throughout the complete length of the Playoffs. The League will from time to time have to determine placement of teams in the standings who have equal points when the Playoff rounds are determined. Therefore the League will use the following to further determine placement by: first using winning percentage for the teams based on all regular season games; secondly using a calculation on "goals for" plus "goals against" divided by "goals for", based on all regular season games; thirdly using head to head matchups between the two teams tied only based on wins, then winning percentage, then the calculation for goals for and against.
Fines: please refer to the League Policies page.