We are actively looking for more interest in U21 this season. We’re happy to foster a lifelong love of the game by offering to enter a U21 team in the OMHA Beechey Juvenile League
provided a sufficient number of player registrations and coaching applications are received by Wed Oct 4th. This email contains the information you need to know to decide if you’re willing to and/or can meet the schedule, travel demands and playing commitment necessary to participate.
What you need to know
What you need to know
- Currently 9 BMHA players are registered. We require a minimum of 18 players, 2 goalies and a complete coaching staff (head coach, assistant coach, trainer and manager) to roster a team.
- Teams in the U21 Beechey League are spread across Southwestern and Southeastern Ontario and currently include:
- Beverley Township (Upper Canada region)
- Haldimand (Cayuga region)
- New Hamburg (Waterloo region)
- South Oxford ((Tillsonburg/Ingersoll region)
- Stoney Creek (Hamilton region)
- Tavistock (Stratford region)
- West Niagara (Niagara region)
- Woolwich (Elmira region)
- Potential - Delhi (Norfolk region)
- Season starts in October with approx. 16 - 20 total games. Amount of games depend on the final number of teams registered.
- Each team will play each other for one home and one away game. Playoff will involve top 4 teams playing a best of 3 series with the top team potentially playing in the OMHA final (likely late March 2024).
- Saturdays 7pm – 8:30pm will be all home ice times. All games are 15/15/15 minute games.
- body contact
- Cost to play is $575 per player.
- Late fees are waived and no registration fees will be collected until we confirm a team can be rostered.
- Registration is required by Wed Oct 4th at 5pm.
- A decision on whether there is sufficient registration and coaching support to move forward will be made and communicated by 8pm on Fri Oct 6th.
What you need to do
- Be realistic about the commitment needed to participate.
- Games will mostly be weekend evening times however before registering consider the travel time/distances between Belmont and the away game as well the ability you have to commit to playing on a regular and consistent basis.
- Spread the word and support BMHA promotion efforts.
- BMHA is planning a social media promotion to recruit players. Aylmer and Dorchester Hockey will also support recruitment with promotions to attract players in their regions.
- Ask your friends, family members and others in your schools, social circles or workplaces to share the social media posts (BMHA is on Facebook and Instagram) and/or consider registering to play.
We’re excited for the possibility of having a U21 team this year. With your help and commitment, we’ll work together to find the players, coaches and team support needed to have a great 2023/24 season!
If you have questions about U21 contact Patrick O’Conner (email@example.com).